RDU Terminal 2

RDU Terminal 2

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Travel Story - A SIM the Easy Way

Location: Singapore

My mobile phone works internationally, but my international voice and data plan has confiscatory rates. I don't want to change carriers, so the answer is to get a local SIM card.

I previously had bad experiences trying to buy a SIM card in the UK and actually buying one in Italy and Aruba, so I was not optimistic when I decided to get one in Singapore. The experience could not be more different.

I went in to the Singtel store and came out 5 minutes later with a tourist SIM card (pictured below):
  • 100 Gb data
  • 500 minutes local calls
  • 30 minutes international calls
  • 100 texts
  • 5 day usage period
  • $15 Singapore dollars (about $10.50 USD)
What a great buying experience, and what a great deal!





No comments:

Post a Comment