RDU Terminal 2

RDU Terminal 2

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Travel Tip - Hourly Parking at RDU Terminal 2

Location: RDU Airport, Terminal 2 Hourly Parking

This hint applies only to terminal 2 at RDU airport.  If you are going to the hourly/short-term parking to wait for someone, the upper level is sometimes full.  You have two options: go to the lower level, or go through the gate to the next section.  If you are in this situation, go to the lower level.  There are barriers at all levels, so once you go through the gate you can't get back.  I have been in the situation where I went through the gate, went to the lower level, and saw great parking spots just out of reach behind a barrier.  I had to park very far away because I didn't want to go out and come back in again.

The gate does have a sign above it that indicates that you are leaving hourly parking, but it is easy to miss.  I have talked to many folks who didn't see it and fell into the same trap as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment